onsdag 2 juli 2008

Back home for the summer!


Benke said good bye to us and the kids and I had an 18-hour travel day (and night!) via Paris to Stockholm. I had, at some previous weak moment, promised to take the children to downtown Paris, since we had a 5-hour transfer time at Charles De Gaulle. Said and done, after a sleepless night partly on the air plane floor, we took the subway and got out of to the sunshine just long enough to have a picnic lunch (baguette & juice) in a park by the river Seine. Another 4 hours of traveling, 2 lost pieces of baggage (Air France, what else?), and a ride home (Thank You, Jens!!) we still had to battle with a worst kind of jet lag for another 48 hours, at least (I still feel kind of zombie). We've met our Swedish family already, a bunch of our friends, the kids have played and played and played! I've already dug my fingers into the soil of my own garden - just pulling weeds, but nevertheless I love it! I've arranged bikes for the kids - we don't have a car this summer and the bus drivers just went on strike yesterday. I've been running in our woods, Tyresta National Park, and inhaled the smell of pine trees... In other words, back to the basics - just what we need and want to have from this summer after a year in the USA. It feels wonderful to be at home again!

The last pieces of the baggage arrived today, 4 days after the AF plane landed... Good thing since we're heading to Finland tomorrow. Yes yes, I know what you're thinking - but there will be a time for rest and relaxation, later. I'll keep you updated!

6 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Jag ska till helsinfors på onsdag hehe så jag försöker lära mig lite finska

Anonym sa...

det är inte lätt precis

Anonym sa...

Lycka till Adde! Jodå, det e busenkelt: Hei, minä olen Adde ja olen ruotsalainen motocrossari!

Anonym sa...

Okej jättelätt HAHA

Anonym sa...

Okej jättelätt HAHA

Anonym sa...

Nu är jag direkt hemma från HELSINGFORS det var as svårt att prata finska ! men det gick hehe