torsdag 12 juli 2007

A day without the car

As I put the kids to bed this evening, they both said that today had been a great day: we didn't drive anywhere, no shopping, no musts, just being at home and doing fun things. I guess our kids are pretty Scandinavian after all - or else, just kids who get tired of all this hussle we've been going through this past week. I enjoyed it too; we boldly took our Emmaljunga (stroller) and walked to the closest McD to have a dinner and some good time on their playing ground. Got some plus points right there from my kids since they've been asking us to take them there since we got here.
We also went to the pool (as we've done every day) to make the heat disappear for a while. Then there were some boys from the neighborhood at our door, asking Jonatan to come out and play. And get this: he actually quit watching a DVD he'd just started. Johanna is just as excited about her new friends. And I had a nice chat with a lady who lent the "Digest of Ohio Motor Vehicle Laws" to me. Yes, we're going to have to take the dirver's test again... ooops. But I guess, if her 16-year-old daughter just passed it why wouldn't I with 20 years of driving AND a Minnesota Driver's Licence behind me? On the other hand, why would I?... But yes, definitely a positive experience to live in a town house area, so far!


Benke has had his first domestic business trip today. South Carolina was the address, he just got home and tells me that he hardly understood a word of that Southern accent. But it couldn't have been just the famous Southern hospitality and big smiles that made him happy today - the business must've gone well too. Good boy!
//Hanna

Inga kommentarer: